Great Homeschool Conventions is excited that abortion survivor Gianna Jessen will be speaking at all five Great Homeschool Conventions events in 2018!
Every year, over one million babies are aborted in the US. Gianna Jessen was destined to be one of those babies. Born to a 17-year-old mother, Gianna’s medical records state, “born during a saline abortion.” The abortion attempt was 30 weeks into the pregnancy.
But, always a fighter, two-and-a-half pound Gianna fought for her life and survived, against many odds. The failed abortion also left with her cerebral palsy, which has caused her to fully depend on Jesus for everything.
From Britain to Italy, Gianna is determined to share her story with people all across the globe. She met President George W. Bush and has spoken before Congress four times, and is determined to “live the impossible” and is outspoken about her faith in Jesus.
In 2012, the movie October Baby was released, loosely based on Gianna’s story of surviving abortion. (The movie follows a college student, Hannah, who finds out she was adopted and an abortion survivor after having medical problems. Afterward, Hannah becomes determined to find out the story behind her past.)
Gianna will be at these Great Homeschool Convention locations:
- Southeast Homeschool Convention, in Greenville, SC on March 8–10, 2018
- Texas Homeschool Convention, in Fort Worth, TX on March 15–17, 2018
- Midwest Homeschool Convention, in Cincinnati, OH on April 12–14, 2018
- California Homeschool Convention, in Ontario, CA on June 14–16, 2018
- Missouri Homeschool Convention, in St. Charles, MO on July 19–12, 2018