When it comes to homeschooling, boys and girls learn differently. This is why there are specialized ways to help each student with their homeschooling programs. We’re here to help you learn more about it.
In addition to a huge Homeschool Curriculum Exhibit Hall, and as a part of the 100s of homeschooling workshops offered at our conventions, we’re so very excited to announce that MICHAEL GURIAN will be speaking at our upcoming conventions in Texas, South Carolina, Ohio and California
Michael Gurian’s Expertise on Education and Homeschooling
Michael Gurian is the New York Times bestselling author of twenty five books published in twenty one languages. He has been at the cutting edge of research into gender difference, how it affects learning, and how knowing about gender differences can help close achievement gaps and increase teacher effectiveness.
Michael’s knowledge and insight have been gathered through years of research. Coupled with his practical suggestions and recommendations, these sessions will prove to be invaluable…helping you to be more effective and successful as you provide homeschooling for your children.
Michael has been called “the people’s philosopher” for his ability to bring together ordinary lives and scientific ideas.
Here is what people have to say about Michael Gurian:
- “HUGE fan… The Minds of Boys was a game changer for me!” – Jennifer (from the GHC Facebook page)
- “MICHAEL GURIAN is awesome! …I have and love his books! How great to see him share his wealth of knowledge with the homeschooling community…” – Karen (from the GHC Facebook page)
- “Love Michael Gurian” – ME VanMarter (from the GHC Facebook page)
- “I bought The Wonder of Boys when I was pregnant with my son. Soooo glad I did. I recommend it often to parents of sons…Would love to see him and thank him.” – PN Jones (from the GHC Facebook page)
- “HUGE fan…The Minds of Boys was a game changer for me.” – J. Sinclaire (from the GHC Facebook page)
He has pioneered efforts to introduce neuro-biology and brain research into homes, schools, corporations, and public policy. Here are what the books he has written so far:
- The Wonder of Boys
- The Wonder of Girls
- The Minds of Boys: Saving Our Sons From Falling Behind in School and Life
- Raising Boys by Design: What the Bible and Brain Science Reveal About What Your Son Needs to Thrive
- Boys and Girls Learn Differently! A Guide for Teachers and Parents
Michael has served as a consultant to families, corporations, therapists, physicians, school districts, community agencies, churches, criminal justice personnel and other professionals, traveling to approximately 20 cities per year to keynote at conferences.
As an educator, Michael previously taught at Gonzaga University, Eastern Washington University, and His speaking engagements include Harvard University, Johns Hopkins University, Stanford University, Macalester College, University of Colorado, University of Missouri-Kansas City, and UCLA. His philosophy reflects the diverse cultures (European, Asian, Middle Eastern and American) in which he has lived.
Michael’s work has been featured in various media, including the New York Times, the Washington Post, USA Today, Newsweek, Time, People Magazine, the Wall Street Journal, Forbes Magazine, Psychology Today, Educational Leadership, Family Therapy, Good Housekeeping, Redbook, and on the Today Show, Good Morning America, CNN, PBS and National Public Radio. Know more how Michael Gurian can help you in homeschooling your child.