We are so very excited to bring you the Homeschool Event of the Year! Let the convention season begin!
Dozens of featured speakers are preparing their sessions. Hundreds of exhibit booth spaces are filling quickly. World-class special events are in place, and this year, the one and only comedian Jeff Foxworthy will perform the grand finale!
With 13 million albums sold, the largest-selling comedian of all time is performing at the Texas Homeschool Convention—for one performance only—on Saturday, February 25 at the Fort Worth Convention Center in Fort Worth, Texas! When the tickets are gone, they are gone!
Homeschooling families will be pouring in from Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, New Mexico, and all over Texas: from El Paso to The Woodlands, Amarillo to Brownsville, Arlington to San Antonio. This year’s Homeschool Event of the Year also includes this once-in-a-lifetime chance to see Jeff Foxworthy at such a crazy-affordable ticket price!
In addition to being the largest-selling comedy-recording artist in history, Jeff Foxworthy is also a multiple Grammy Award nominee and the best-selling author of more than 26 books. Widely known for his redneck jokes, his clean and family-friendly act explores the humor in everyday family interactions and human nature in a style that has been compared to Mark Twain. He is also in his eighth year of leading a weekly Bible-study for homeless men in Atlanta.
Submit your “You Might Be a Homeschooler” one-liners for the Jeff Foxworthy show at the Texas Homeschool Convention this coming February! For example: “You might be a homeschooler…if you come to school in your PJ’s.”
The top ten entries will receive free tickets for their entire immediate family to see Jeff Foxworthy at this year’s Texas Homeschool Convention.
Additionally, Jeff Foxworthy, in his own inimitable style, will share these top ten “You might be a homeschooler…” one-liners along with the name of the person or family that submitted it from stage during this performance!
Terms and Conditions
- If multiple people submit a one-liner that is chosen for the top ten, the first person that submitted it will be the winner.
- Free ticket winners must be registered for the convention.
- If winners have already purchased Jeff Foxworthy tickets, they will receive a refund for the Jeff Foxworthy ticket purchase.
- The deadline for contest submissions is Friday, January 20, 2017, and winners will be announced January 25, 2017.
As they say, “everything is bigger in Texas,” and the huge Texas Homeschool Convention is no exception! Don’t miss this event, held February 23–25, 2017.
This homeschool convention will feature more than 230 speaking sessions led by a world-class featured speaker roster, and also includes a number of highly-focused special tracks.
- Cynthia Tobias, a regular contributor and radio broadcaster for Focus on the Family, will be speaking in our Parenting Track along with Norm Wakefield, Drive Thru History’s Dave Stotts, Dr. Thomas White, Pastor Randy Frazee, and more.
- J. Warner Wallace, atheist-turned-Christian author and homicide detective, will speak to our teens during the Real Faith for the Real World teen track.
- Sarah Mackenzie, Dr. Christopher Perrin, Adam Andrews, John De Gree, Dr. Carol Reynolds, S.D. Smith, and more, are back and better than ever, presenting invaluable sessions for the Classical Education Track.
- New this year is our Charlotte Mason Track with guest presenters Brandy Vencel, Dr. Jen Spencer, and Sheila Carroll.
- Janice Campbell will be sharing her wisdom and years of experience as a seasoned homeschooler in the Homeschool 101 track structured to guide beginning homeschooling families and those just considering homeschooling,
- Our College Track, sponsored by Cedarville University, will address theme Life Beyond High School: How to pay for and go through the process of choosing the right college.
- Parents with Special Needs and Gifted Children will be encouraged in home-educating children who struggle to overcome learning disabilities and how to continually engage a child who may be learning at a higher level. Colleen Kessler, Dr. Peg Dawson and Kathy Kuhl will be leading this track.
In addition to these focused tracks, we also have a host of other speaking sessions covering how-to’s and tips of teaching math, language arts, science, writing, foreign language, and more.
Moms will benefit from sessions encouraging them to continue their homeschooling journey, despite the obstacles and stresses that may be involved.
Children will have the option to enjoy a conference of their own! Hosted by Giant Cow Ministries, your children will love this high-energy, Biblical-based children’s conference.
A huge exhibit hall will be available for you to explore all the best curriculum and homeschooling resources available under one roof. Make sure to wear comfortable shoes! Many of the curriculum authors will be present to answer your questions and help you decide which curriculum best fits your child’s learning style. There is no better way to make that all-important curriculum decision than to have “hands-on” access to every possible resource, right before your eyes.
As each day winds down after a full schedule of presentations and shopping, you will have the opportunity to spend valuable time with your family and enjoy the evenings at our special events.
Holocaust survivor Dr. Inge Auerbacher will give an account of her time spent in a concentration camp beginning as a 7-year-old child. She spent the worst years of her life surviving as best she could with her family in the cruelest of conditions. Her story helps us to “Never Forget.” Dr. Auerbacher is living history that you and your children may never have the opportunity to witness again.
Christian homeschooling dad and musician Andrew Peterson will perform on Thursday evening and lead a very special workshop session on Friday morning! As a musician in Nashville, he has “been about the business of quietly changing lives in four-minute increments.” Join us for an evening enjoying Andrew’s music, as well as his special Friday morning session!
We are very honored to also welcome Nick Vujicic! Born without arms or legs, Nick has chosen to be “better instead of bitter.” He will deliver an inspirational and compelling testimony about his determination to enjoy the life and purpose God has given him.
Michael Franzese, former mobster with the feared Colombo crime family, will give his testimony as a born-again Christian. This session is described by past listeners as “…open and honest…fresh and unique. Audiences are captivated by stories of his personal experiences in organized crime and genuinely affected by his powerful anti-crime messages and eye-opening revelations.”
As an additional benefit, those who register for the convention receive the following:
- A free Andrew Peterson album download (8 songs, a $7.99 value!)
- Free streaming access ($59 value) to all twelve episodes of “Ancient History” as well as “The Gospels” (episode 1) from our friends at DriveThru History. (Don’t wait though—the free access to these awesome history episodes is available only until October 1, 2017.)
- A free download of The Berenstain Bears Say Their Prayers ebook by Mike Berenstain (a $1.99 value)
Don’t forget to book your accommodations! Partnering hotels offer great rates to convention attendees, but our reserved blocks of hotel rooms sell out quickly, so be sure to book early. Find a hotel here.
As you can see, this coming year is going to be better than ever. We strive to educate by presenting speakers who are professionals in their field and who can better prepare you for the journey, aspire to encourage you as you connect with like-minded, grace-filled families, and endeavor to equip you with comprehensive curriculum choices in the largest homeschool curriculum halls in the country.
Our mission is to help you and your children’s homeschooling journey so that it may be more successful and less stressful in your God-given right to home-educate your children.
Invite your friends and family to a homeschooling event like none other!! Early-bird discounts are on-sale now.
Here’s what others are saying:
I was so overwhelmed as this is my first year homeschooling. I walked away with a greater sense of confidence and direction.
My husband got the encouragement he needed to be a part of our homeschool experience.
The quality and variety of speakers is what sets this convention apart from others.
Definitely the place to go to get answers to any questions you may have about curriculum.
Go! It’s worth every minute and every penny!